Thursday, January 27, 2005

And the Job Hunt Continues

Well, this afternoon I'm heading to the local temp agency, Manpower, to apply for two jobs that I saw online. I'm a little nervous because I don't have much experience with MS Access and both jobs require the applicant to be 'proficient' in its use. Hopefully I can convince whoever I talk to that I'll be able to pick it up quickly.

I have to say that I'm really hurt about not getting the job that I interviewed for. The institution the job was with is one that I am very much involved in. I'm very close to the people who work there and consider them to be part of my extended family. It sounds silly... I doubt I'd be this upset if my first rejection came from anywhere but where it came from. However, these are special circumstances and I'm just plain sad.

I'm grateful that this week is almost over. I'm hoping that Josh and I can get all of our running around done on Friday so that we can have Saturday and Sunday to relax... I really enjoyed last weekend and am anxious to do it all over again.

A group of our friends are trying to get together this summer. For awhile everyone lived in and around Scranton, PA. Since graduation, however, they have all spread themselves out nicely across the USA... and beyond. While some are relatively close (NH, OH, MA) others are further (FL), and some are just a long way away (Vancouver, Canada). I was really hoping that Josh and I would be able to pull it off and meet up with everyone, but due to our present financial situation, I just don't see it happening. That makes me sad as well. I'm hoping that Josh and I will be able to go on (or have people over) for a few mini-vacations so we can see the relatively close people.

Speaking of long distance friends... I miss Ferris and Lauren terribly. We've been talking about getting together sometime soon, but I worry with the horrible weather we've been having. I really shouldn't complain, though. Before my wedding shower I hadn't seen Lauren in three years. Since then (8 months) I've seen her twice. Ferris and I have gotten together more regularly, but still, I only get to visit with him a few times a year. *sigh* What do you say, Ferris?.. Sloan?? Feel like completing the pair and coming to PA for a visit?

I think I just need some whisky and a nap.

No comments: