Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Full-Length Version

The old Oldies station, 92.1, was recently taken over and converted into a station that plays more contemporary, yet, "family-friendly" music. At first, I was upset. I like Motown... I like coming across Del Shannon's hit, "Runaway," on occasion. Without Oldies 92 and 100, well, I wasn't sure what I was going to do.

Tonight, the new station (same call numbers... you get the idea) won me over. While I was driving to work, the nice dj played Third Eye Blind's hit "Semi-Charmed Life." Well, not only have I not heard this pop-bubblegum favorite in a good long while, but until tonight, I had never, NEVER heard the full-length version of the song played on the radio. Let me tell you, I jammed out. I turned the volume way, way up, and I sang. I belted it out. And it felt great.


In other news, I'm currently reading John Irving's novel, The World According to Garp, and I'm loving it.

In other, other news, my mom, my sister,and my sister-in-law are all getting married this year. My sister in April, my mom and sister-in-law in July. It's going to be a busy Spring/Summer, but I'm very excited about all of it.

Valentines' Day is fast-approaching. I really do love that Hallmark holiday. This year, Josh and I are going to go out for dinner with a friend of mine from work (Emily) and her fiance, Mike. Josh and I really like hanging out with Em and Mike... they're really good people. I'm not sure what else Josh and I are going to do to celebrate, but I'm sure it will be wonderful. It always is.



No comments: