Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Christmas Vacation

I know... I never update this thing. My apologies.

Josh and I just got back from a week long trip to IL/OH. We spent December 26th-30st with Josh's family in IL and December 31st-January 2nd in OH visiting Sarah and Phil. We has a great time at both places even though our stay was much too short.

Big news on the in-law front... my sister-in-law, Erin, got engaged on December 30th! Woo hoo... I'm so happy for her (and happy that my new BFF is going to be my new brother-in-law in-law). I think they're planning to tie the knot this upcoming July. I win.

Josh and I were spoiled by our parents again this Christmas. We were given a new messenger bag to carry our laptop around in, a digital camera, a toaster oven, a set of Pyrex baking dishes, books, CDs, DVDs, gift cards, socks (me, mostly), a food processor, two sweater drying racks, new Christmas ornaments, oh, and the list goes on. We are very blessed.

I haven't been working out much lately *sigh* It's too cold to join the 1230 Club on their daily walks (actually, I think only Carl has been walking consistently... Go Carl!), and we haven't been able to fit in the Y. Hopefully that will all start to change this week and next now that the holidays are over and we don't have quite as much to do.

It's lunch time and I'm a hungry little girl, so I must sign off. Before I do, however, I want to thank Sarah and Phil for letting us stay with them over the new year. This is the second year in a row that I've invited my husband and myself to their home, and it's also the second year in a row that they've graciously housed us. We appreciate your hospitality and are always grateful for the time we get to spend with the two of you. We love you both very much.

No comments: