Monday, February 14, 2005

Temp work, real work, and love

I’m sitting her, sipping tea that my husband made for me, realizing that I haven’t updated this thing in quite some time. I think I tried to post last week but my entry got lost somewhere in cyber space and I didn’t feel like retyping what I had typed.

So… work as a temp isn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Turns out that the staples are already removed from the documents. (= What I do is a bunch of data entry type work and a bunch of scanning. It’s boring, and I hate sitting in one place all day, but I guess it could be worse.

Two Fridays ago… that would be February 04, I tested for an editing position at Thomson Education Direct. I am so excited about the possibility of working there. The test took me over two hours (to edit only eight pages) but I feel good about my work. I should know by the end of the week if I did well enough to warrant an interview. I am praying, praying, praying that I get this job. I know I would love being an editor.

That about catches things up on the work end of life...

Today is Valentines’ Day. Today is also Monday. When Valentines’ Day = Monday, Josh and Jillian celebrate the weekend prior. J osh and I didn’t just celebrate one-day this weekend, we actually celebrated all weekend long. He gave me a "Valentines’ Day Weekend" complete with little gifts each day and some down time to relax. On Friday I received my favorite chocolate from Gertrude Hawk. Saturday morning Josh surprised me with a water bottle and clip that I have been mentioning for sometime now. Saturday night I got a book entitled, 102 Ways to Celebrate Love, or something to the effect. Additionally, after service at the Methodist church downtown on Sunday, Josh took me out for lunch and then settled down with me to watch Love, Actually (you have to watch love movies on Valentines’ Day!). I got a nice backrub later in the even ing and this morning I was surprised to find a Valentines’ Day card tucked inside my book-bag when I got to work! This weekend was wonderful. Josh shows me he loves me everyday and in everything he does. Him taking the time out to plan such a wonderful weekend for me is much, much more than I deserve. I am truly the luckiest woman in the world. I’m also undoubtedly the happiest.

I’m hoping for some more downtime this weekend. Being a working girl is hard work! Friday night Josh and I have plans to celebrate Janet’s birthday with her with dinner at Smiler’s and game night at her house. I’m not sure what Saturday and Sunday hold (besides laundry and Medico’s, because we can never, ever escape either one) but I’m sure looking forward to them!

Oh… and I haven’t had time to read much of anything lately. Man oh man, I miss working in the computer labs at Marywood.

1 comment:

The Naked Redhead said...

You're the best. You're going to find a great job soon. By the way, did you know my sister-in-law works for Thompson? I interviewed there, too, about a year ago. It's hard to get into, but I guess once you do, you're kind of set for the rest of your career, because they usually hire from within the company. So good luck with that.

Thanks too for all your support. I appreciate your friendship and kind comments. Love ya!