Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Books, books, books...

Ugh. I just want a job.

I finished rereading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on Monday night. My plan is to start all over again with the first book at the beginning of July so that when the new book is released I'll have all of the plots and characters straight in my mind. I'm presently in the midst of Jon Irving's novel A Prayer for Owen Meany. I really like it so far... my tiredness keeps me from reading as much as I want, unfortunately, but I know I'll get through it soon. After I finish ... Owen Meany I plan to read the Lemony Snicket series (or the first six books at least... I got them for Christmas), then Jane Austen's Emma and Bronte's Wuthering Heights (again). I might double up somewhere in there and start my Buffy books as well... I have a pile of them on topics ranging from the philosophy seen in the series to the creation of the language that Buffy and her Scooby Gang used.

Feel free to offer reading suggestions. When you're unemployed you have TONS of time for reading.

Josh and I watched The Bourne Identity yesterday (we had a snow day!). It was pretty good though I thought it lacked plot. Even so, we'll probably rent The Bourne Supremacy the next time we go to Blockbuster, which will probably be this weekend. Hopefully it won't disappoint.



No comments: