Thursday, December 16, 2004

My last day as a college student...

Today's the big day. I have one paper to finish up and an exit interview I have to go to at 1p, but other than that, I'm done with my undergraduate degree. Up until this point I've been saying that today would be my last day as a college student ever, but we all know that probably isn't true. More than likely I'll be taking grad courses to get my teaching certificate in the next few years. Who knows... maybe I'll get motivated to do even more... get my Ph.D, perhaps. ... eh, maybe not.

So, although I'll be done with school stuff by about 2p today,
Josh and I have tons to do before we leave for on our trip to OH/IL. I have to get the apartment straightened up and do some laundry. We also need to pack and have the car's oil changed. All that aside, I'm really looking forward to seeing Sarah and Phil and my in-laws. I also can't wait to sleep in... I do not spend nearly enough time sleeping these days.

My newest idea, in regards to obtaining employment, is to apply for a secretarial position at my college. Although the pay will suck, I would get health benefits and tuition benefits, which I would be able to pass on to Josh. One of my goals for today is to get that application finished up and turned in. I would be so thankful to have a job lined up for the first of the year... please pray for me.

I guess if I'm going to get anything done I first need to get started. I'm off to finish my final undergraduate paper on Herman Melville's novel Billy Budd, Sailor. Wish me luck!



1 comment:

The Naked Redhead said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats!! I know the feeling you have today and it's an amazing one...a feeling of accomplishment and relief, sprinkled with a little fear and trembling. But it's still good. All your hard work has paid off (though your school loans...not so much.)

Can't wait to see you!